As a Unique Scientific and Technological Infrastructure (ICTS), OmicsTech offers at least 20% of its capacity to open competitive access. Under this premise, large scale omics projects must go through an external evaluation process:
- Researchers are required to fill in the OmicsTech access form:
- Applications are monthly reviewed by the corresponding Access Committee which is constituted by 3-4 Genomics, Metabolomics or Proteomics experts.
- Accepted proposals are published here. Confidential explanation and recommendations are given to the not accepted ones.
- The principles and criteria for the evaluation of the proposal are:
- The quality and relevance of the global scientific project that includes the activity proposal and /or potential interest to industry or translational research (50%)
- Evidence of strong support by relevant funding agencies (25%)
- The scientific credentials of the applicant research group (25%)